NAMCLEAR (PTY) LTD has been established as the local automated clearing house (ACH) for the Namibian Payment System Participants and as such has been authorised as a Payment System Operator.
- Establish and maintain the Operating systems security and updating of the security record to ensure the safety of the system from virus attacks and/or threats.
- Compile daily and monthly statistics for management that analyze and report on non-compliance of Namclear’s internal standards, processes and procedures.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Monitoring the relevance and efficient use of Namclear’s internet portal and system. This in regard to the inflow and outflow traffic of all staff email communications and internet browsing.
- Daily monitoring of Namclear virtual environment and EMC infrastructure.
- Review/implement the overall Computer Operation and perform routine back-ups to ensure system efficiency and continuity in the event of data loss.
- Review the issues logged and resolve system issues with regards to the Operating systems and hardware to ensure it stays operational.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Namclear EFT, CPS & BOE computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Act as a technical resource in assisting users to resolve problems with hardware and software; respond to a centralized help desk to facilitate the exchange of information and advice; implement solutions or notify SLA outsource providers as required.
- Maintenance of all relevant technology components for enterprise clients, including but not limited to DNS, SMTP, DHCP, Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Printing, Mail, Web Servers, Storage, Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery and security infrastructure.
- Implement an appropriate disaster recovery plan to ensure the continuity of system and operations.
- Perform general and periodic tasks as per Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS) requirements.
Minimum Academic, Professional Qualifications:
- Grade 12
- Recognized IT Training in at least one or more of the following: (A+, MCSE, N+ Certification, and MSCA).
Minimum experience Required:
Vmware and EMC certifications/knowledge and skills would be an added advantage.
- A working knowledge of networks, including network infrastructure components that could include routers, switches and Ethernet.
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a Business and IT environment or at least 5 years’ working experience in a Systems Administrator/ Operator position.
- Valid driver’s license is required and having own transport would be an advantage.
Competencies & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of the operation software, i.e. Oracle Databases, SWIFT services and related Operating Systems
- Excellent knowledge of communication software, i.e. XCOM, Connect Direct to solve data communication problems, e.g. Batch transmissions
- Excellent knowledge of CISCO products, TCP/IP, Telnet, Hyper terminal in order to maintain and monitor the Router Network
- An effective knowledge of Telecom lines, Modems, STU’s, ISDN and Digicon Network
- Excellent knowledge of LAN’s and WAN’s
- Knowledge of Paytech solutions would be an advantage
- Required to install Microsoft Applications and Antivirus software
- Certification of one of the following security certifications: CISSP,CISA, CISM will be an added advantage. Knowledge of the issuing and acquiring processes for debit and Credit card transactions will be an added advantage
- Understand encryption and key management
- Knowledge of payment industry regulations/standards: PCI DSS will be an added advantage
In return for yours skills, NAMCLEAR (PTY) LTD, as an equal opportunity employer, offers a generous remuneration package and attractive fringe benefits in keeping with the position and the company’s calibre.
Suitably qualified Namibian applicants are encouraged to apply. Interested applicants complying with the above-mentioned requirements must upload a detailed CV with supporting documents. Apply here:
No documents shall be returned and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 10 February 2020